Yes I am one of those people who celebrate their half birthdays and by celebrate I mean I know when it is! haha. This past Tuesday I became 30 & a half (no I will not be referring to myself as 30.5 when someone asks me my age) which got me reflecting over the first 6 months of my thirties..
What have I accomplished over the past 6 months?
- Announcement of our new dance studio Compass Performance Studios
- Began a more Spiritual path
- Started a blog
- Helped others to begin removing toxins from their lives
- I am between 75%-90% toxin free!
- Choreographed 28 numbers
- Brought the joy of dance to toddlers & preschoolers
- Eating more organic meats
- Ranked up in my business
I haven’t felt much of a “change” from my twenties to thirties, I continue to keep a workout schedule helping me physically & mentally, try to eat the best I can and recently began meditating regularly again. These few things are key for me to continue to feel the best version of Shannon. However we all have days, weeks or months where we “fall off the wagon”… welcome to how I have been feeling the past few weeks (especially this past one after recovering from hosting a dance festival) but I woke up today ready to get back to 29 year old Shannon and how she felt around this time last year – strong, motivated and ready to take on the world!
What does that entail?
- Writing lists and planning out days. Ah yes the old fashioned pen to paper! I find when I write out a to do list, my stresses or anything for that matter it helps to clear my mind and to keep the motivation ALIVE
- Planned out lunches. Go back to the days of “packing a lunch” for work, keep it in the fridge at home or bring out with me and only eat what I packed.
- Review & Launch health coaching. I loved learning about the way food and feelings can affect us, time to share it with the world!
- Sleep. Listening to my body and going to bed earlier
- Meeting up with friends. Did you know social interaction helps your brain and with Alzheimer’s? Get ready for coffee, lunch, yoga dates my friends!
Lately I have been worrying too much about what my purpose is and how can I serve myself & others, but I’m starting to see the signs that I am on my way and the Universe is working it out (just have to listen, follow and be patient). Bringing joy to myself as well as others looks like: cooking, listening, dancing, laughter, sharing and so much more.
First step… creating more content for the blog! I enjoy sharing my experiences with you and hopefully inspiring someone along the way. Stay tuned!!!!
This is me vowing to make the most of the next 6 months so I can look back on my 30th year and say ‘Ya I got shit done’ and my volcano is about to erupt!!
Thanks for reading my thoughts unfold.